Thursday, July 29, 2010

~Pour Your Heart Out~


Again, just a brief reminder that everyone linking is pouring their hearts out and we should all be respectful in our comments. ;)

It's been two years since I last went to work everyday... I miss it. After the birth of our second daughter, the cost of daycare would have eaten up my whole check. What was the point of going back if it wasn't going to pay enough. My hubby makes enough for us to get by, but that means not being able to as do as much things with the kids and the house does not have one room that is finished.

I started working when I was 16 about a month after my birthday. As far back as I can remember I wanted to work. I worked as much as I was allowed by law for a teenager. In fact my senior year of high school I did Co-Op, which was I went to school in the morning and then went to work at noon. Working gave me so much satisfaction. You could have called me a workaholic and you would have been right. I did decide a few years later that I needed to get a degree, so I went back to school. I managed to receive my Associates in Marketing and Management. I got a job in my field not too long after graduation. About 6 months after I started working I found out I was pregnant with our second. Half way thorough this one I had so many issues that I had to quit working. At this point I became severely depressed and was put on medication. Then our second baby girl was born. The cost of daycare was just to much for me to even consider me going back to work.

Before I started blogging I was very depressed and life just didn't matter. Don't get me wrong I love my girls so much! I have even talked to my mom about this and I just don't think she gets it. She tells me you do have a job, working for the girls. It's allot different having a real job. But just the thought of going back to work makes me giddy. Going from being a Workaholic to Nothing..... That's why now that I have discovered blogging, this is my new job!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

thank you for commenting on my post! And thanks for sharing your heart....
I can understand how you feel, I love being at home with the boy but my greatest satisfaction & yearning is to be a teacher & make a small difference in the lives of children. I think that we don't give ourselves enough credit for the impact we are having on our children. SAHM rock!

Daphne said...

I completely understand how you feel. I stay at home with my 2 kids and there are days that I wish I could go back to a 9 to 5 job. But financially it wouldn't make sense for me to do that. I did work from home for about 2 years and LOVED it but I think working from home 40 hours a wk and taking care of the kids is harder than anything else. And you are right....blogging is a job!!! :) Hope your weekend is a great one!

ShareThis